Managing the Vitreomacular InterfaceThe advent of OCT has allowed for a better understanding and insight into vitreomacular interface disorders many of which can be difficult to detect with fundus examination alone. This course will cover the classification and management of VMI disorders including vitreomacular adhesion, vitreomacular traction and macular holes. Additionally, the impact of VMA and VMT on other macular disease will be discussed based on current literature.
1) Review the International Vitreomacular Traction Study Group’s classification of vitreomacular adhesion, vitreomacular traction and macular holes.
2) Discuss the treatment options for vitreomacular traction, macular holes and epiretinal membrane.
3) Review the impact of vitreomacular adhesion and traction on other macular diseases such as macular degeneration and diabetic macular edema.
4) Review complications of anomalous posterior vitreous detachment.
Anna K. Bedwell, OD, FAAO, FORS
Clinical Associate Professor
Indiana University School of Optometry
Dr. Anna Bedwell is a Clinical Associate Professor at Indiana University School of Optometry. She completed her optometry degree from IU in 2010 and a residency at the San Francisco VA in 2011. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Optometry and a member of the Indiana Optometric Association and the American Optometric Association. Dr. Bedwell also holds fellowship in the Optometric Retina Society.
This course qualifies for 1 hour of IOB and Legend Drug Certificate credit.
IOA Members: $ 25.00
Non-Members: $ 30.00
Course Instructions/Course Access/Test Access
1. Accessing Course: CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE COURSE. You must pay the course fee (see the link below) and receive a score of at least seventy percent (70%) on a 10 question test to receive credit for taking this course. This on-line course is in PDF format.
2. Payment/Taking Test for Credit: You must pay for the course in order to take the test. No refunds will be made for online courses. Certificates of Completion for those who pass the examination will be available to download through this website.
3. Retests: You may retake the test if you failed to receive 70% on the test and wish to to be tested again. There is no charge for retests.
If you have problems accessing the course, paying for the course, or accessing the test, please contact Bridget Sims at email@example.com or at 317-237-3560.