Taking the Mystery Out of Oral Medications
Updated in 2022.
This course covers the common oral medications prescribed by eye care practitioners including antibiotics, antivirals, pain medications and steroids. Emphasis is placed upon both pharmacological principals, and helping OD’s to get comfortable with the clinical use and prescribing of each category of medication.
Course learning objectives:
- To learn about and become comfortable with prescribing oral antibiotics
- To learn about and become comfortable with prescribing oral antivirals
- To learn about and become comfortable with prescribing oral pain relieving medications
- To learn about and become comfortable with prescribing oral steroids
Bradley Sutton, O.D., F.A.A.O., Clinical Professor, Indiana University School of Optometry.
This course qualifies for 1 hour of IOB and Legend Drug Certificate credit.
IOA Members: $ 25.00
Non-Members: $ 30.00
Course Instructions/Course Access/Test Access
1. Accessing Course: CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE COURSE. You must pay the course fee (see the link below) and receive a score of at least seventy percent (70%) on a 20 question test to receive credit for taking this course. This on-line course is in PDF format.
2. Payment/Taking Test for Credit: You must pay for the course in order to take the test. No refunds will be made for online courses. Certificates of Completion for those who pass the examination will be available to download through this website.
3. Retests: You may retake the test if you failed to receive 70% on the test and wish to to be tested again. There is no charge for retests.
If you have problems accessing the course, paying for the course, or accessing the test, please contact email@example.com or 317-237-3560.